Since sauce is very much a personal thing, I won’t be offended if you decide to stick with what works for you.
Simply put this sauce is sweet and hot, which is the way I roll. It is a compilation of tricks and tips I’ve learned over the past 30 years or so, but it’s all mine, so don’t blame anyone else if you don’t care for the twang or the heat. The heat of course is adjustable but not putting in so much!
- 1 c ketchup
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 4 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP chili honey*
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/8 c Dijon Mustard
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP sriracha pepper sauce
- 1 lg clove garlic, grated
- 2 TBSP grated onion
- 1/2 tsp each, salt and pepper
- Dump all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a low simmer.
- Continue until it cooks down to the desired thickness.
*chile honey may not be available in your area. It is locally made here in NM. Substitute, cayenne, pepper flakes, or any other hot pepper sauce you like. Adjust to your heat desire.