What’s not to like here?
This is a good reduction in carbs, but not a total one. I’d say somewhere around 9 carbs per slice or less, which is certainly good.
- 2 cups spelt, or 1 c spelt, and 1 c almond meal
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c stevia or other sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9×13-in baking pan, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and sweetener, and stir very well. Set aside.
- In a new bowl, whisk together the nut butter, yogurt, water, and vanilla.
- Pour wet into dry and stir until just combined (don’t over-mix), then pour into the greased pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until batter has risen and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out mostly clean. If you can wait, I highly recommend not taking a taste until the next day… this cake is much sweeter after sitting for a day.
- Frost if you like.
NOTES: I used a peanut butter/cream cheese frosting (posting tomorrow)
SOURCE: Adapted from Chocolate Covered Kate