We are mostly moved into our new home here in Las Cruces, and I’ve been able to get into the kitchen for some simpler recipes at least, and this will be one of our favorites for sure.
There are lots of Jalapeno dip recipes around, so there is nothing earth-shattering here, but we loved it so much that we ate the whole thing in two nights. It was so good.
Eat it with tortilla chips or raw veggies. Eat it by the spoonful, or lick the dish. It’s good.
- 8 oz of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c mayonnaise (Hellman’s is best if you want this dip hot, since it won’t separate on you)
- 2 green chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 3 healthy TBSP of canned jalapeño slices, chopped
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- 1 small can of corn or equivalent frozen
- 1 large fresh jalapeño
- Place the cream cheese and mayo in mixer and mix on medium until smooth
- Add the chiles and jalapeño and mix on low until incorporated
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the corn, and mix on low until well mixed.
- Turn into a oven-friendly baking dish. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan if desired.
- Slice the fresh jalapeño, and place around the top.
- Place in oven at 350° for 20 minutes or just until it starts to bubble.
Note: this is also great at room temperature. Can be easily doubled or tripled for company. Also consider adding crumbled bacon to the top after it comes out of the oven.