It definitely has a banana flavor to it, so if you are not a fan, find another recipe, or omit and use more butter.
Otherwise, go for it.
- /2 cup coconut butter or plain old butter
- 1 large, very ripe banana (160g) (For a banana free version, just use 2/3 cup more coconut butter.)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- scant 1/8 tsp salt
- sweetener of choice, but if the banana is ripe enough you won’t need by about 2 tsp or so
- 1/4 cup unsweetened or dutch cocoa powder or cacao powder (20g)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Make sure your butter is melted before use.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Then smooth the fudge into a container or candy molds. (Plastic containers work well, because you can pop the fudge right out.)
- Place in the fridge for a few hours, or freeze for a few minutes. You can freeze it for longer periods of time; just be sure to thaw at least 15-20 minutes prior to eating.
SERVES: 12 pieces
NOTES: I have not tried omitting the banana, I enjoyed it that way. It will melt out if warm so make sure you serve it cold. I keep mine in the freezer and then just pop it out for a few minutes before eating.
SOURCE: Chocolate Covered Katie