This recipe is both easy and tasty. Great for a big feast when you want to make something a bit ahead and not have to pull it together at the end. It’s all ready to dress at the last minute and serve.
- 6 Medium Beets
- 1 lg Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Capers
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Cut off the root end and peel around the tougher fibrous tops, but otherwise just wash well. Cut into large chunks and lay on parchment lined baking sheet. Cut the top off the onion, slice in half from stem to stern and then into wedges. Place these on the parchment as well.
- Roast at 425° until fork tender, but not mushy.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Place in a serving dish.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour over the beats and onions and mix gently.
NOTES: These serve well hot or at room temperature. Frankly they are fine cold as well, but I would warm them gently in a microwave as a leftover.
SOURCE: Italian Food Forever