You can add a fruit puree as a topping, or whipped cream. A ganache might be quite effective as well.
This looks rather plain, but dressed up with a topping, it becomes a fine company dessert.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and xanthan gum in medium bowl.
- Whisk together butter, whipping cream, lemon juice, zest and egg in large bowl.
- Add dry mix to wet mix and combine until well blended. Spread into 2-4 quart slow cooker crock lined with aluminum foil.
- Combine all topping ingredients in bowl and pour over cake batter in crock.
- Cover crock pot and cook on high setting about 2-3 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit and whipped cream, if desired.
NOTES: Since slow cookers come in so many sizes and powers, it’s rather difficult to give the correct time for cooking. But since slow cooking is slow, you have plenty of wiggle room. Just start checking early and every fifteen minutes or so after the first hour and a half or so.