Just because the holidays are over doesn’t mean we’re through–with appetizers that is. There is still the Super Bowl you know, and plenty of lazy Sundays when you don’t want to do a lot of cooking and would rather graze on a few crackers dipped in heaven.
I don’t much care for cheese balls per se, finding them pedestrian and rather 60’s.
But that doesn’t mean that you can’t add some lovely ingredients together and let your cracker or celery stick dance through something cheesy and spicy.
So take a look, and think about sitting and reading a book and dipping your chip in some of this:
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 slices deli ham (smoky if possible)
- 1-2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 heaping TBSP roasted red pepper
- 1 heaping TBSP jalapeño pickles
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP parsley (fresh if possible)
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Put it all in a food processor and puree.
- Spoon into a nice serving dish, and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, longer if you can.
- Serve with crackers and/or raw veggies.