Aww, that wouldn’t be at all nice.
But I am. Which means I don’t really make ravioli. Or other picky things. I’m not much for cupcakes either.
But I do make tartar sauce, on the rare occasion that I can force myself to all the work involved in making fish and chips. The real deal fish and chips.
Now I used to make a really basic tartar sauce, but I’ve become more sophisticated. So this is the one I made today. And frankly it ain’t half bad. And I have a few other ideas which I threw down in the notes.
- 2/3 c mayonnaise
- 1/3 c sweet pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice
- Mix it all together.
NOTE: consider adding some grated onion, dill pickles or capers to the mix. I might go for that for a more elegant piece of fish, one that is sautéed and not deep-fried with a breading.
- Louisiana Crab Cakes with Creole Tartar Sauce (themagnoliacafe.wordpress.com)
- Beer Battered Cod with Homemade Chips (ministryofpane.wordpress.com)
- Fish and Chips (glutenfreeinga.wordpress.com)