What is delightful, is that you can pair the cheesecake with any fruit that you wish, making it as elaborate or simple as you desire. Plain or dressed up, it tastes spectacularly good.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup sweetener of your choice, (powdered will leave a smoother consistency)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream, divided use
- 1 envelope Knox gelatin
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour and sweetener. Stir in butter until well combined and clumps form.
- Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream or yogurt, lemon juice and lemon zest together until smooth. Beat in sweetener until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp heavy cream and the gelatin. Stir into cream cheese mixture until combined.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it holds stiff peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Spread filling in prepared crust, cover with plastic and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, until set. Pour topping over chilled cheesecake and serve.
NOTES: I love this plain, but any fruit will work, and any method. You can use fresh fruit, or cook it down to a sauce.
SOURCE: All Day I Dream About Food