It makes enough for an army, and warms up pretty well too.
- 1/2 lb. ground round, browned
- 2/3 lb. pasta of your choice, cooked al dente
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage or other sausage, browned.
- 1 c diced onions
- 1 c diced mushrooms
- 2 c spaghetti sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1 c parmesan cheese
- enough slices of pepperoni to cover the top
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown the beef and sausage together, remove to another dish.
- Cook the onions in the fat from the meet until translucent, then add the mushrooms and saute until limp cooked.
- Heat salted water in a separate pot and cook up the pasta, drain well.
- Add the meat back in with the onion mixture and mix.
- Add the sauce and the pasta to the meat mixture and stir until mixed.
- Spread half of the mixture into an casserole pan.
- Top with half the cheeses.
- Add the rest of the meat mixture to the top, cover with the balance of the cheeses and then the pepperoni..
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve with bread and a crisp salad.
NOTES: You can use other cheeses if you wish. Use any type of mushroom you desire.