Who needs anything else. Place on a bed of pasta of your choice, and you can tuck in with relish.
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- thighs 4-6
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp jar capers
- 1/2 c olives, halved
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 1/2 green pepper, diced large
- 1/2 red pepper, diced large
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- angel hair pasta
- Salt and pepper the thighs and place in a large saute pan and brown in some EVOO.
- Remove to a dish. Add the onions and celery and sweet peppers and saute until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic, capers, and wine, and saute until the wine has been reduced by half.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and vinegar and stir until warmed.
- Add the chicken thighs back in, cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta.
- Add the olives and stir in.
NOTES: Vary the chicken as you wish. Use the best olives you can find.
SOURCE: Adapted from Food.com