I’m fairly convinced you can probably add just about any flavoring you wish to this, making it great for chocolate mousse as well. I’d add melted chocolate to the mix rather than unsweetened cocoa but both should work.
Perfect accompanied by fruit either just sliced or made into a compote or jam.
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a large bowl, beat mascarpone, cream cheese, 4 tbsp sweetener and vanilla together until well combined.
- In another bowl, beat cream with remaining 2 tbsp sweetener until it holds stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until combined.
- Pipe or spoon into 6 small dessert cups.
NOTES: This stuff is so perfect that it would work well as a refrigerated frosting, or at least the middle layer in a cake.
SOURCE: All Day I Dream About Food