I’d bought some quinoa flour and put together this recipe after studying a few dozen using quinoa and general spice cookie recipes.
Hope you like it.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup sugar of your choice (I used Stevia)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Use a 1″ scoop to scoop balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Press each down with the palm of your hand. Sprinkle with a bit of sugar
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on the sheet and then place on a rack to finish cooling.
- If you leave them out longer, they will become more crispy. Otherwise store them in container in the fridge and they will be quite moist.
NOTES: You might add some chopped pecans or walnuts to the mix as well.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton