It’s a wonderful side for a pork roast or a roasted chicken.
Nice fragrant flavor.
Just good eats.
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, omitting the salt and fat. Drain
- While orzo cooks, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lemon rind and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add orzo, basil, and remaining ingredients; toss well. Garnish with basil, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
NOTES: You can easily adapt this as desired to other herbs and even other cheeses.
SOURCE: My Recipes