I’m keen to try it as a chocolate cake perhaps.
It’s wonderful as is, and it’s great with a nice berry topping of your choice.
Keeps well in the fridge as well.
- 3/4 Cup Softened Butter
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Stevia
- Zest From 3 Large Lemons
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 3 Large Eggs, Separated
- 1 Cup Full Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Plus All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Dash of Salt
- Fresh Strawberries for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour a 7 or 8 inch spring-form pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest, extract, egg yolks and ricotta cheese and beat until smooth.
- Mix together the flourS, baking powder and salt, and beat into the butter mixture just until combined.
- Wash your beaters well, and then beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter then spoon the batter into your prepared tin.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a cake tester stuck into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
NOTES: As I said, you can probably make this with some chocolate, or even cut up some peaches in it, or other fruit. Change the lemon to limes if you like. You can dust the top with powdered sugar, or sliced almonds. Blueberries would go very well with this as a topping with the lemon.
SOURCE: Adapted from Italian Food Forever