This one is Indian in nature. Tandoori spices predominate.
You can do this one in the oven, but it would work perfectly well on the grill.
- 3/4 Cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Allspice
- 3/4 tsp Cayenne
- 3/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander seed powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Generous pinch of pepper
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 Lbs Chicken wings (about 12 wings)
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the wings, and stir well to make sure all the spices are evenly distributed. Add in the wings and stir so that they are coated in the yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Once the wings have marinated, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Take the wings out of the marinade (don’t scrape off the excess!) and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the outside has darkened and is nice and crispy, about 45-50 minutes.
NOTES: A dip with mint would be fine, or just eat them plain. Room temperature is the best I think.
SOURCE: Whole Yum