Okay, get ready. This is so incredibly good, you want to swim in it. I literally could not stop eating this with carrots and celery sticks. It is great with crackers of course, or cauliflower, or sweet peppers. Oh it’s magnificent.
It whips up in no time with a food processor and honestly I don’t think you can make it without one.
- About a 1 inch piece of Spanish chorizo (DO NOT USE MEXICAN CHORIZO) diced small
- 1/3 c diced onion
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 lg jalapeno (seeded or not as you desire)
- 1/3 c red sweet pepper
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 (4 oz) cream cheese package
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- Sriracha sauce if desired
- Put the diced chorizo in the food processor and whirr until its small pebbles.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whirr until smooth.
- Adjust for heat.
- Serve with raw veggies or crackers.
SERVES: about 2 cups
NOTES: Spanish chorizo is not generally available at average supermarkets. Whole Foods would have it and upscale markets for sure. You can surely order it online. I buy about 1/2 lb at a time. That would make this dish about 4 times. It is a very very hard salami. You could substitute Genoa or a mortadella perhaps but the taste will be different because of the different seasonings. Even Lil Smokies would work. But again, the taste will be different. This lasts in the fridge for a good week.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton