He allowed that this was “okay”.
In fact it was better than okay.
It was pretty darn fantastic.
So, hey, when it’s time for sandwiches, try this one.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 rib of celery
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 c or less mayo
- sriracha sauce to taste
- 1 oz or so of blue cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 c or so of either Monterey jack or cheddar cheese shredded
- bread of your choice
- Salt and pepper your thighs and then saute them in a bit of EVOO until done and nicely browned on both sides.
- Remove to a plate and cool. Then dice.
- Mince the celery and carrot.
- In a bowl, add the mayo, the sriracha and blue cheese, mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken and veggies, and stir until all nicely coated.
- Butter a griddle and heat until sizzling. Then place half bread down and brown to a golden color.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove the bread and replace with the other half of the slices, adding more butter if needed.
- Place the chicken mixture on each slice and spread out evenly. Top with shredded cheese. Heat until golden brown again.
- Carefully turn over the sandwiches and turn off the heat. Tent a piece of foil over the sandwiches to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove to a dish to serve once the cheese has melted.
NOTES: Omit the blue cheese if you don’t like it. And feel free to use any cheese that you like in place of the jack or cheddar. These taste wonderful hot or cold. So consider making extras to put in the fridge for a snack. Also consider doing this way different by using shrimp and/or crab.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton