- 4 slices of bacon, diced and fried crisp.
- 1 small-medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 pork chops bone-in or boneless
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Remove the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate and reserve.
- Fry the onions in the bacon grease until caramelized. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Salt and pepper the pork chops and fry until well browned on both sides and reduce heat and continue cooking until done.
- Remove pork chops and add the broth and cream. Once it is nice and bubbly, add the butter in bits, and whisk in until the sauce thickens.
- Either plate the chops and cover with the onions and bacon and sauce, or leave the sauce in a gravy boat for individual adding.
NOTES: Add mushrooms if you wish. That would kick it out of the park. You might add some fresh thyme, parsley, or rosemary if you wish as well.
SOURCE: Adapted slightly from All Day I Dream About Food