Truth is you can use it with breast, wings or any cut at all. I used boneless thighs for this one. Stringing the meat on a skewer is not necessary but does make it easier to handle.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs skewered three on a stick
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the glaze:
- 2 tbsp chipotles in adobo finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sprinkle the chicken with the combined baking powder, chili powder, and salt, cover and leave in the fridge until ready to grill.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a small blender and whirr until smooth.
- Grill the chicken by your preferred method until done.
- Baste with the sauce and return to the grill until crisped and the edges are blackening.
NOTES: You can adjust the chipotles back if you want a milder form and add a bit of ketchup to tame it down.