This one was really good.
Almost everything other than the bacon and green chiles are optional and can be traded out for other things. Add stuff to your hearts delight. Be inventive with the cheeses.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 poblano chile, roasted, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add chiles and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- Crumble the bacon. Spread cream cheese on bottom of 9-inch pie plate; cover with half each of the bacon and chiles. Top with shredded cheese and remaining bacon and chiles.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until hot and bubbly.
NOTES: Alter the cheese as you wish, and certainly consider adding other chiles if you wish.
SOURCE: Hispanic Kitchen