Since I love Greek food, this seemed natural to me when I saw the recipe.
It turned out well.
Hope you enjoy it.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic, about 3 medium cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Feta cheese (Get the Feta in a brick form which makes it easier to grate)
- Dry the wings and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on parchment lined cookie sheet and refrigerate uncovered for 8 hours or up to 24. (toss with the baking powder if you wish but I omitted that)
- Place all the wings in a bag and pour in a couple tbsp of olive oil and make sure they are well covered.
- Place single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 425 for about 30-40 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile place all the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk. (Leave out the feta until the end).
- Add the wings to the bowl and mix, coating the wings with the dressing. Put the feta in and mix gently.
- Arrange on a plate and enjoy.
NOTES: You can have these hot if you wish, but I think room temperature is perfect. You can also grill the wings and that may be even better.