For me, it’s not just about taste. Frankly chocolate taste is easy to get to. It’s the right mouth feel that is important too.
This is a bit on the thick side, I have to admit. It doesn’t have the airiness of mousse nor the slipperiness of real pudding. But the taste is fine, and frankly it would make a great filler for a two layer cake.
The ingredients are kinda bizarre, but chocolate seems to blend with tons of things that seem odd. So don’t be put off and give it a try.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and de-stoned
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetener (honey, ground erthyritol, agave or your choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Put all in a food processor and whir up.
- Put in individual serving containers and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with whipped cream and some ripe raspberries or strawberries
NOTES: I substituted 1/3 c of date sweetener for some of the sugar. Mix and match as you choose. Trust me, you don’t taste the avocados as all and they make the pudding very creamy.
SOURCE: Divalicious Recipes