This one actually does. Even my husband thought this was more than acceptable.
It runs up quickly, makes just six biscuits but I ate two. They were that good.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or pure sour cream, I use sour cream now)
- 1 egg, cold
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (around 2 oz)
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened (I used salted)
- ***Finish with Salted butter & dried or fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Then add remaining ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until well blended.
- Use medium scoop (3 tbsp.) to scoop out dough onto ungreased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Space 2-3 inches a part.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until biscuits have slightly browned on the bottoms and tops.
- Once out of oven, smear a bit of salted butter and sprinkle with a little parsley. Best served warm.
NOTES: I did not deviate at all from the recipe. I really think that painting the tops with melted butter when they come out and sprinkling on some fresh parsley really adds to the authenticity.
SOURCE: Satisfying Eats