But this sauce a basic aioli, which also has infinite variations, goes with just about everything. It makes a great sandwich spread, goes with pork, beef, fish, seafood, you name it.
Make it a staple in your fridge and you will always have something to brighten up even the most mundane of meals.
- 1 whole chicken breast, divided into 4 fillets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c good quality mayonnaise or make your own
- 1 lg chile (Hatch, Poblano, Anaheim), roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime
- Place 1/3 c of EVOO together with 2 minced cloves of garlic, the juice of 1/2 of the lemon and salt and pepper into a plastic bag. Add the chicken and massage to insure all pieces are covered. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Place the mayo, diced up chile, sliced up garlic clove and juice of 1/2 the lime into a blender. Whirr until smooth and then drizzle EVOO as the machine runs until you have a pourable sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill or Saute the chicken until done.
- Serve the sauce on the side at the table.
SERVES: Makes 1/2 cup
NOTES: You might want to flavor the chicken with either cilantro or parsley or even fresh oregano. Add this to the marinade. Keeps well in the fridge.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton