- 1 pie shell, uncooked (there are several to choose from under desserts in the menu here)
- 1 container (12-13 oz) of silken tofu or soft, drained
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup date puree
- 1/3 cup sweetener of your choice (I use Swerve)
- 1 tbsp molasses (you can omit if you don’t like the flavor
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 cup of pecans, whole
- Place all ingredients (except the nuts) in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Spread the pecans on top.
- Bake in a 350° pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly and then transfer to the fridge for chilling. (It will firm up as it cools.
NOTES: You can chop the nuts if you like. You could also substitute any other nut you prefer. You can eliminate the date puree and use additional sugar of your choice. Serves up nicely with either whipped cream or ice cream on top.
SOURCE: Inspired by Chocolate Covered Kate