This is so easy to make, and provides a perfect base for a variety of toppings. I had it recently with cranberry chutney and it was wonderful. You could also go savory with perhaps something like sun-dried tomatoes and olives, or smoked salmon. The possibilities are endless.
This is another base recipe upon which you can let your creativity bloom.
So get busy.
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2-3 green onions, chopped fine
- Bring both the cheese and butter to room temperature and then blend together, until well mixed.
- Press into a bowl or mold and chill. Easiest to do if you line the bowl or mold with plastic wrap first. You can smooth out the lines after you unmold.
- Invert on a plate and press in the onions and scatter around the edges.
NOTES: You can of course add other things such as olives, bacon, salami, and an endless list, but then of course you would defeat the entire purpose of using it as a base for a variety of toppings. At a party, using this as is, with the choice of toppings would make it a very versatile appetizer.
SOURCE: Jacqueline Bryant