Really, it’s that good.
And it’s so easy to make that there is no excuse not to have it always on hand. It has more uses that you might imagine. I’ve seen it added to pie crust for goodness sakes. What is not to like?
- 1 lb of bacon (thick sliced or regular)
- brown sugar (about 1/4 to 1/3 c will do)
- freshly ground pepper
- Line cook sheets with parchment paper and lay out a single layer of bacon slices across, touching is fine.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Crack fresh pepper along each slice.
- Place a second sheet of parchment over the top and press lightly.
- Place in a pre-heated 325° for 30 minutes. (Mine was perfect at 25 minutes so adjust to suit your oven)
- Cool on paper toweling, and store in refrig in container. (break up into pieces once cool)
SERVES: 1 lb bacon candy
NOTES: Wonderful accompaniment to deviled eggs. Be inventive!
SOURCE: Rufus’ Food and Spirit Guide