First it is fast.
Second it has ingredients I adore.
Third, it is fresh and sassy.
Fit for company, but easy enough for a weekday meal.
What is not to like here?
Do try it.
- 4 chicken breasts halves, or boneless thighs. (you can brine in water and salt for an hour ahead for the breasts)
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/3 c fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 6 tsp fresh oregano (can used dried but really I wouldn’t)
- 2 tsp freshly microplaned garlic– two good sized cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 of a tin of cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 c of kalamata olives (halved)
- 1/2 c or feta cheese
- Pat dry the chicken pieces and add to plastic bag.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper and whisk.
- Remove about a scant 1/4 c of the vinaigrette and set aside for later.
- Pour the rest into the bag and massage the chicken until well covered.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to eat, saute the chicken until done.
- Add the reserved vinaigrette to the tomatoes, olives and feta, and stir coating well.
- Serve the chicken and allow guests to spoon over the “salad” onto their chicken portion.
NOTES: You could substitute the feta for fresh mozzarella. You might also use a different type of olive. This would also work as a nice compliment to a substantial fish, like cod or perhaps even tuna.
SOURCE: Bon Appetit