When I get my hands on a good one, I want to make sure I have it recorded so I can make it again.
This is pretty basic and can be found in some form all over the place. I’ve tweaked it a bit to reflect my own tastes and the desire to keep even the good sugar to a minimum
Plenty of chocolaty taste here.
4 oz. baking chocolate (one bar)
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup best quality cocoa powder
1/3 c date puree
1/3 c Swerve or other sweetener (erythritol)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grease a 8″ springform pan well.
- Place the butter and the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments until all is melted. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, eggs last stirring each in separately. Mix well.
- Pour into the springform pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until center is still a bit wiggly but edges are done.
NOTES: Watch carefully. Don’t let it get over done. It will dry out if you do. Once the edges are brown and firm, you are good to go. Serve with whipped cream, powdered Swerve shaken over, or fresh raspberries or strawberries. You can also make a ganache and frost it.
SOURCE: Inspired by Detoxinista