Anyway, I make regular meatballs for spaghetti and then there are Swedish ones for a hot dish which is nice, but then there are SPICY ones!
I worked this one up myself, mostly because it wasn’t too hard to figure out–just put in the usual stuff with some hot stuff and voilá it pretty much works.
- 1/2 lb chorizo, casing removed
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/3 c finely minced onion
- 1 large jalapeño finely minced
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal (use breadcrumbs as an alternative and then use about 1/4 c)
- 1 tsp garlic granulated
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Mix it all together with your hands until well blended but do not over handle as the meat becomes tough.
- Using a melon scoop, place by scoops onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 400° for about 20 minutes.
- Please note that the grease in the chorizo will bleed out of the meatballs and will caramelize around so kind of break those bits off when you remove from the pan.
SERVES: About 30 meatballs
NOTES: You can serve this with any number of dips from a ranch, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, or pepper jack. Also BBQ sauce. Fairly infinitely versatile in that respect.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton