Think football games and grazing meals.
These can be cooked, then frozen, then reheated easily.
Make a bunch.
Make ’em often.
Get to it.
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, brought to room temperature.
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed (or any other chile you wish)
- 1 green onion, finely minced.
- 1/2 c good quality Parmesan cheese
- 18 or so wonton wrappers
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and whirr up until smooth
- Place a teaspoon full into each wrapper and seal edges with water. Make sure the seal is secure.
- Drop 4 or so at a time into vegetable oil heated to 350°.
- Cook until they rise and are lightly browned.
- Lay on a cooling rack lined with paper toweling to absorb excess oil.
NOTES: You can bake these or alternatively cook in a skillet with just enough oil to keep them from burning on the bottom, turn once if doing either of these. I would bake at 400° for about 20 minutes, or 10 minutes per side. Watch carefully so as not to burn.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton