I wanted something simple to fix for the 4th, and this easy cookie bar fit the bill. Just exactly what you would expect.
Fine as a snack and as you know of me, breakfast fare!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- 2½ cups oats (not quick cooking)
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer cream butter and brown sugar together. Add eggs, and vanilla; mix well. Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda until well incorporated. Fold in oats, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Spread in to a 15×10 inch pan for thinner bars, or a 13×9 for thick bars.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for thin, closer to 30-40 for thick.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool before slicing.
NOTES: I would recommend the 15 x 10 size otherwise these get pretty tall.
SOURCE: Dinners Dishes and Desserts