Any salad that is a potato type is a good start.
Here I married potatoes, corn and green beans with the versatile Italian Olive Salad.
It was wonderful.
Even though it’s not summer yet, it was the perfect side dish. It is great with sandwiches, grilled meats, and all by itself. Add some meat and you have a complete meal.
- 1/2 recipe of Olive Salad
- Roast some potatoes (2 lg Idaho’s or a comparable amt of red, Yukon, or new potatoes)
- 1 c of corn (frozen is fine)
- 1 c green beans (fresh or frozen is fine)
- Dice up the potatoes to bite-sized pieces.
- Either cook or defrost the veggies.
- Add all to a large bowl.
- Add the olive salad and mix thoroughly.
- Best if made a couple of hours ahead, and great at room temperature.
NOTES: You can of course use sweet potatoes, and add other veggies as you wish. Asparagus would be wonderful as would zucchini, lightly steamed broccoli or cauliflower.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton