Perfect for the super bowl if you are inclined to party that day.
Can be made ahead and heated up fine.
What could be easier?
So give them a try.
Don’t worry at all about recipe amounts. Once you read the recipe that will be clear. Just take whatever amount of chicken you are using, add enough hot sauce to marinate, and so forth.
- 1 lb of chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 lb bacon, (approx)
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 2-3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- Put the cubed chicken in a plastic bag.
- Add some oil, the hot sauce, and the lime juice, and massage the chicken, making sure it’s all covered.
- Place in fridge for about an hour minimum, longer if you wish.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400°.
- Working on a cookie sheet, covered with foil or parchment, lay out a strip of bacon. Place a chicken piece on the end, and roll just until it overlaps, slice off with a knife, and then toothpick in place. Each strip will make about 3 pieces. Do this for all the chicken pieces.
- Put the pieces standing up so the chicken is visible. Spoon over a bit of the reserved marinade if there is any, letting it soak down.
- Put a generous pinch of brown sugar to “cap” each one.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- You can place under a broiler if you want to crisp up the bacon if it needs it.
- Serve warm.
SERVES: 20 appetizers
NOTES: As I said, you can eyeball the amount of each ingredient, based on how much chicken you are using.
SOURCE: Adapted from The Gunnysack
OVEN TEMP: 400°
OVEN TIME: 30 minutes