Better yet, it’s so much better to eat than that stuff from stores that has a list of chemical additives that are unpronounceable and mysterious. HINT: it seems to take decades sometimes before things we were told were safe turn out not to be so. So in my book, it’s just plain smart to make your own at least most of the time from real food.
This has a pleasant horseradish tang that is lovely with salads, especially those with some tart, and spicy lettuce notes like arugula and curly endive. Also very nice on tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put all together in a bowl and whisk.
- Transfer to a lidded pint jar and store in the fridge for a good week.
SERVES: makes a good pint
NOTES: you can easily half this recipe