This is an excellent frosting and bonus, it’s pourable. It cooks up in a jiffy and then you just pour it on a warm or cooled cake. It obviously is best on a cake that is baked in a pan and will be served from it.
It will stiffen up enough to not run after it has cooled but it’s still very soft, so I wouldn’t try it on a layer cake.
- 1 stick Butter, Salted (8 Tablespoons)
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (again, I Recommend Using A Dark Cocoa Powder)
- 8 Tablespoons Milk
- 4 cups Confectioners Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- Combine everything but the powdered sugar in a saucepan and heat until the cocoa has melted out and everything is smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar a cup at a time and whisk until smooth.
- Cool very slightly then pour over the cake, using a knife where needed to spread.
SERVES: About 1 1/2 cups
NOTES: A nice addition might be some chopped nuts on top. Put on before the frosting has totally cooled and set.
SOURCE: Tasty Kitchen