I mean seriously, that is not food.
But the idea was good, you just need to actually cook real food.
Takes very little extra time.
Tastes vastly better.
Much healthier since there is not God-knows-what in the box.
So whatcha waiting for?
- 3 lg russet potatoes peels and diced and cooked until fork tender (enough to make about 3 cups)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 c cream
- 4 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces and fried crispy, drained on paper towelling
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Mash your taters, adding the butter and cream and salt and pepper as you would normally for mashed potatoes.
- Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, add the bacon and the cheese.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop up balls of the mixture and place each on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Place in a preheated 425° oven and heat until cheese has melted, and the potato is crisping on the edges, about 20 minutes.
NOTES: You could substitute other cheese, add scallions as well if you wish, or chives or parsley.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton
OVEN TEMP: 425°
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes