Okay, so this is the kind of recipe that comes about when you have an entrée like hotdogs or hamburgers, and you are really tired of french fries, and coleslaw, and all the usual stuff you attach to such a meal.
So you start going through the pantry and pulling stuff out.
And this is what you come up with.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c feta cheese, crumbled
- olive oil, about 1/4 – 1/3 of a cup
- handful of parsley, chopped
- Mix everything together.
- Serves best at room temperature.
NOTES: Feel free to add or subtract stuff as you like. You could substitute the jalapeños for Kalamata olives for instance. Or throw in some zucchini. Or radishes. Whatever you have on hand will pretty much work.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton
- Southwest Quinoa and Black Bean Salad (thatlovelylife.com)
- Cabbage & Kidney Bean Salad (andreasgardencooking.com)