So, as I was poking around, it seemed to me, that everybody knew all about this salad and I was the only one who was going “wow what a great idea!”
So I’m a little slow and perhaps have led a sheltered life.
And all the recipes are about the same, which is good because I have no clue who to thank anyway.
So here are the basics. Kid super friendly! I suspect you can make this way less fattening if you use all the non-fat and sugar-free stuff.
- 2 lbs of grapes. Mix and match for a prettier effect. I use the red and black Concords mostly.
- 4 oz of cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 1 c pecans, walnuts or any nut or seed you like
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Clean the grapes and spread out on paper towelling to dry thoroughly. You don’t want to use wet grapes as your dressing will become watery and very unattractive.
- Mix the sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, honey and extract together until combined.
- Dump on the grapes and mix gently so as not to rupture grapes but to get all covered nicely.
- Sprinkle with the nuts. Don’t mix in, they will just get soft.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton
- Creamy Grape Salad – Cool Summer Recipe (thedomesticfringe.com)
- Grape Salad (cookingforthechemicallysensitive.wordpress.com)