Make some and you won’t regret it.
And your friends WILL know the difference.
Show you care.
- 16 oz of extra sharp cheddar (or split with half extra sharp and half smoky cheddar
- 8 oz of cream cheese (softened)
- a couple of cloves of garlic, chopped lightly
- 1/2 of a medium-sized onion, sautéed in some butter until caramelized
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp or more cayenne
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c your favorite beer or more to consistency desired
- 4 slices of bacon, well crisped and crumbled
- Put everything UP to the beer in a food processor and whirr until smooth.
- While machine is running, pour in the beer until you get the consistency you desire, scoopable or spreadable would be good.
- Remove the dip to a bowl and stir in the bacon.
SERVES: 2 cups, maybe 20 or more servings
NOTES: This makes a great sandwich spread for chicken. You can also heat this up and make a more dipping sort of sauce if you wish.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton
- Cheddar Stout Dip (fox17online.com)
- Irresistible Beer Cheese Dip (whatchamakinnow.blogspot.com)
- Beer Cheese (ironfuel.wordpress.com)