While I like other recipes I’ve tried, this one is great. A few of these and you might skip the main course.
Great finger food on football days.
The guys love this stuff.
Brave kids like it too.
Is that enough incentive?
- 6 larger jalapeños, slice in half the long way, seeded and deribbed as you desire (if you want the heat, take the seeds and add them to the filling mix.
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 4 oz beef chorizo, cooked down and drained of fat
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- Set the sliced jalapeños aside.
- Place the seeds, if using in a bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese and the chorizo and mix thoroughly
- Add the Sriracha sauce if using, and mix again.
- Spoon into the jalapeño halves.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap around each jalapeño half. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Place on a cooling rack placed on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Place in a 425° preheated oven until bubbly and the bacon is crisped nicely. (check after 15 minutes, and every 5 minutes thereafter until it is as you wish it.
- Cool to near room temperature.
SOURCE: Sherry Peyton
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- Jalapeno Cornbread Poppers (foxyfatandfabulous.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Jalapeno Popper Boats (littlefoodcottage.wordpress.com)