Good, then more for us!
I love shrimp, and I loved shrimp on the grill better than any other way. With a strong enough taste, they can stand up to some mighty sharp flavors paired with them.
This is one of those.
Those who don’t like spicy and hot need not apply.
The heat is however adjustable, but if you don’t like cumin and cilantro, well, my deepest condolences, and MORE FOR US!
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2-4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped (for hotter shrimp, leave the seeds in)
- 1/2 bunch scallions, both white and green parts, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic (2 cloves coarsely chopped, 1 clove minced)
- 1 teaspoons coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- couple of turns of your pepper grinder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 lime
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Clean your shrimp and place in a plastic bag or bowl.
- Place all the rest of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and whirr up until it is a paste.
- Add this to the shrimp, mix well and place covered in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- When ready to go, heat up the grill to sizzle.
- Skewer the shrimp on wooden skewers, touching but not jammed together.
- Place on the direct heat and cook just until done, about 3 minutes per side. When they pink up, they are done.
NOTES: I love shrimp done like this on a bed of pasta, but with this dish, I think I might do some Spanish rice.
SOURCE: Inspired by Griffin’s Grub
- Grilled Shrimp “Souvlaki” (baptisthealthforyou.com)
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Kebabs (gethealthygazette.com)