What’s not to like.
I have several recipes, but I really like this one, because the other thing I like a lot is coffee. Nothing goes together better than chocolate and coffee in my opinion.
This makes a pretty gooey brownie so if you want a more cake-like texture which is useful in some other dishes, this is not the brownie for you.
Me, for sheer eating, gooey is good.
Better yet, add a scoop of ice cream and really go decadent.
3 oz bittersweet chocolate
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
½ cup sugar
¼ cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vanilla
2 ½ tbsp instant espresso powder
2/3 cup flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp sea salt
¼ cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp Kahlua, for brushing (optional)Icing:2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature1cup powdered sugar2 tsp instant espresso powder2 tsp honey¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9” pan with greased parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave, then whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Whisk the eggs, sugars, honey and vanilla until light and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the espresso powder, the melted chocolate mixture, flour, baking powder and salt, blending just to combine.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, then turn out onto a plate and brush with Kahlua if using.
- Beat together the butter, powdered sugar and espresso powder until combined.
- Melt the chocolate, honey and salt together, then add to the powdered sugar mixture and beat well.
- Spread immediately on cooled brownies and allow to set.
NOTES: the better quality chocolate you use the better these will be of course.
SOURCE: Adapted from What Smells so Good?
OVEN TEMP: 350
COOKING TIME: 35 minutes
- Mocha Fudge Brownies and Some Lessons for Guys (saraheatsaustin.com)
- Chocolate Malt Brownies (cookcreatecelebrate.wordpress.com)
- Triple Chocolate Pistachio Brownies (sweetdistrict.wordpress.com)
- Hershey’s Brownies (greensandmeals.wordpress.com)