A perfect summer refrigerated pie.
You can doll it all up with the chocolate fencing and drizzle with some actual peanuts, or just leave it plain. It tastes wonderful either way.
It’s not that hard either.
So, think about it for this 4th, or for your next barbecue party.
Or next Sunday.
Or just because you want some.
- 1 recipe graham cracker crust
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/3 c chocolate chips (bittersweet or semi-sweet)–about 8 oz
- 2/3 c and 1 3/4 c heavy cream
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c (6 oz) peanut butter chips
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- Make the graham cracker crust. Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes, or until browned
- Combine the chocolate chips, 2/3 c cream, the corn syrup and half the vanilla in a bowl.
- Microwave until soft enough to whisk into a smoothness.
- Pour into the crust and spread.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes until nice and hard.
- Microwave the peanut butter chips and 3/4 c heavy cream until melted.
- Whisk in the peanut butter and the vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the remaining one cup of cream and 2 tbsp sugar until soft peaks.
- Add the peanut butter mixture in three parts, folding into the whipped cream.
- Pour and spread on top of the chocolate layer.
- Chill at least an hour.
- Decorate with melted chocolate drizzled around and scatter some peanuts if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.
SOURCE: We Call Him Yes! Chef!
- Peanut Butter Cream Pie (dawnoffood.com)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie (munchieswithmegan.wordpress.com)