I am lazy.
I don’t eat a lot of cookies.
Except at Christmas time.
Then I make a bunch.
This great recipe comes from Juanita’s Cocina. Her site is fabulous by the way and on Sunday they have a big list of great recipes by participating Sunday Dinner offerings. So check it out.
Anyway, this is sorta Christmasy, but I don’t think it NEEDS to be only made at Christmas time. You be the judge.
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 1/8 c Andes Peppermint Crunch chips
- 1 1/8 c chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, soda and salt.
- In a mixer, cream butter and both sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture in parts until all mixed together.
- Add in both chips and mix just until evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough into quarters, shaping into a log and covering with Saran Wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Cut the logs into about 1/2 inch slices, and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges start to brown.
Serves: 3 dozen or so
NOTES: you can use peppermint candies and pound them up into pieces, but the cookie will be a whole lot crunchier. The Andes pieces are softer, and I like them a lot.
- Peppermint Crunch Cookies & Peppermint Cookies Recipe | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (forthemommas.com)