Oh this stuff is good. It’s butter infused with cheese! I mean what is not to like here? Perfect for bread with Italian meals, and perfect to mix into cooked veggies for that perfect cheesy buttery flavor.
And of course, you know me, it’s versatile.
I got this recipe from Susartandfood, and she claims to have lifted it from North Woods Inn.
I cut the size of this baby down substantially, and I don’t freeze it which you are free to do. I have it ready in the fridge whenever I need it, and I need it a lot.
So I’m giving you the smaller version, but feel free to triple it which is what the original was.
- 1/3 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb butter, softened
- 2 tbsp freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Srirachi sauce or any other hot chile sauce such as tabasco (I added quite a bit more than the 2 drops recommended, but I like heat.
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- sweet paprika for sprinkling on top
- Place all into a food processor (a mixer works but it takes a lot longer), and whip until it’s all incorporated into a nice paste. Store in a lidded container for a long time, except you will eat it up!
Serves: Makes a good cup full, probably a bit more.
NOTES: you can vary the cheese wildly here. blue cheese, pepper jack, Monterey Jack, gouda, havarti, swiss, and on and on. You can freeze this in whatever size portions you desire, down to individual servings but I would perhaps make the full recipe next time and break it into thirds or quarters and freeze.