I made a pretty good sauce myself. Just follow the general directions and then add to it, slices of orange from one orange, a bit of the juice (1/4 c) and then before serving add 1/2 c of walnuts chopped up. Makes a nice sauce.
But this is wonderful.
It takes a bit more work, but it is worth it. I got this straight from Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide.
You should give it a try. Next time of course that you can get some cranberries!
- 2 c red wine
- zest of one orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 nutmeg pod
- 8-10 white or green peppercorns
- 2-3 cloves
- 12 oz cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- Bring wine to boil in a saucepan with orange zest, and spices. Let boil for 3-5 minutes, on a low boil so as not to reduce the liquid.
- Strain out the solids and return the cinnamon sticks to the pan. Add the cranberries and sugar and simmer until berries begin to burst and the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool. Remove the cinnamon sticks or not as you wish.
- How to Make Perfect Cranberry Sauce (ahealthylifeforme.com)
- Cranberry Week – Honey Whole Cranberry Sauce (romancingthebee.com)
- Make It Now: 7 Fresh Recipes for Cranberry Sauce (thekitchn.com)
- 6 ideas for leftover cranberry sauce (mnn.com)
- Ginger and Citrus Cranberry Sauce (Gluten-Free and Vegan) (beardandbonnet.com)