Seafood is cheap here in southern New Mexico. I assume it’s because we aren’t so terribly far from the Gulf. No matter. I love shrimp and this is a very nice recipe that is easy and tastes good.
I have tweaked it a bit but you can see the original at LaaLoosh. It’s supposed to be a leaner version of Shrimp Scampi. I found it delicious and I didn’t miss a bit of all the butter you usually find.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, and deveined.
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp good quality Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, microplaned
- 1 c of panko crumbs or fresh bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt and pepper. Mix gently and place in a baking dish, small enough that the shrimp is touching.
- Mix in another bowl the rest of the ingredients, mixing until it is evenly blended.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the shrimp and place in oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
NOTES: This is lovely served over pasta such as angel hair or fettuccine. Have more fresh Parmesan at the table, and some great crusty bread and a salad and you have a great meal that is good for company yet easy to prepare. You might consider sprinkling the plate with some toasted walnuts as a final elegant finish.
- Garlicky Beer Shrimp (kokolikes.com)
- Shrimp Scampi (betterspines.com)
- Butter and Garlic Oven Baked Shrimps (iamdelicious.typepad.com)