Yes I know, it’s a bit late in the season, but I don’t worry about that. I get pumpkin cravings and well, this is one of the results.
This recipe comes from OrganicPedic. I swapped out the organic elements because I don’t usually shop that way. But I suspect it’s pretty darn near the same.
I found it to be an excellent recipe and we ate every bit of it.
And it’s quite easy to make as well.
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs (place about 1 sleeve in a plastic bag and get your rolling pin and roll away until in a nice crumb size)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter (melted)
FOR THE FILLING:
- 3 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
- 1 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 3 eggs, and 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine the crust ingredients and press into a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices.
- Add the flour and the vanilla.
- Beat until creamy and no lumps remain.
- Pour into crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the center is no long jiggly.
- Cool for 15 minutes on a rack and then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.